Wander through a simulated Melbourne in total darkness to explore your perception of the world.
Are you ready to broaden your horizons and change your view of the world, all without leaving a darkened exhibition room?
A tour in the Dialogue in the Dark experience lasts for around an hour, and happens in complete darkness.
In the beginning, the total absence of visual information is a shock. Gradually though, you’ll learn to adapt and develop coping skills, insights and strategies.
What to expect on a tour
Get ready to challenge yourself and make all kinds of connections; whether physical, emotional or intellectual.
You’ll use communication skills to bridge unseen gaps. You’ll engage a spectrum of senses to establish stability and support, and rely on trust and leadership from yourself, and those around you.
Your tour guide will lead you through a series of environments—both every day and iconically Melbourne—on an incredibly familiar journey in the unfamiliarity of complete darkness. Slowly but surely, an invisible landscape emerges, composed out of sounds, scents, wind, textures and temperatures.
Sense & Sight Package
Experience Melbourne in two unique ways for one great price!
For a complete sensory experience of the world’s most liveable city, visit us for a simulated tour through Melbourne in complete darkness, then catch a birds eye view of the city as you fly high on the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel.
Bookings available here by selecting the “Wheel Deal” option on your preferred date.
* Sense & Sight tickets are exclusively available for purchase through Dialogue in the Dark. Please book your preferred tour time, and you will be issued with your voucher to ride the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel from our Box Office upon arrival. Melbourne Star vouchers are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Child (5-15 years):
- Student (on presentation of a valid full time student card):
- Concession (on presentation of a valid concession card):
- Family (2 Adults, plus 2 Children 5-15 years):
- Sense & Sight Adult:
- Sense & Sight Child (5-15 years):
Dialogue in the Dark Melbourne is located at:
The District Docklands (Upstairs, opposite ArtVo)
Level 1, 29 – 31 Star Crescent, Docklands
Closed except for School Holidays and Special Events
Tuesday to Sunday –
10.00am to 5.00pm